Holistic Pelvic Care
Holistic Pelvic Care™ is gentle, internal pelvic bodywork, developed by Portland based PT, Tami Lynn Kent. Holistic Pelvic Care™ helps to restore balance and release muscle tension in the pelvic floor. The primary goal of Holistic Pelvic Care™ is to empower a woman to inhabit her pelvic space and occupy her feminine ground physically, energetically, emotionally and spiritually.
Holistic Pelvic Care™ is for every women and can help address and treat the following:
· Address pelvic pain & menstrual imbalance
· Uterine Prolapse (Cytocele, Rectocele)
· Pain with sex or penetration (Dyspareunia, Vaginismus)
· Low back pain that isn’t relieved with traditional methods
· Support organ health & alignment
· Increase sexual health, libido & orgasm
· Enhance fertility & support for the fertility journey
· Preparing for pregnancy
· Supportive post-partum healing
· Healing traumatic or difficult birth & restore birth energy flow
· Supportive in transition to menopause & long-term vaginal health
Depending on what you specifically want to address, most patients notice a difference in 2-6 visits. This can vary from woman to woman and depends on the severity of the issues you are experiencing.
The first initial session will take about 90 minutes total and include a detailed new patient questionnaire and initial evaluation with hands on work. The second and subsequent follow-up sessions will be shorter in length, about 60 minutes. I always book the first and second appointments together to ensure that first time patients follow through with the first two appointments.
Holistic Pelvic Care™ is work done intravaginally and I use constant communication and verbal cues as I work, to help support proprioception and awareness of the pelvic floor musculature and structures.
Many women are not familiar with or have knowledge of their pelvic anatomy and each initial session will have a brief overview and introduction to the pelvic bowl.